Use the form below to let us know what services you're looking for, and ask us any questions!


Our Therapists Come To You!

Speech Associates' Speech Therapy and ABA Therapy Services help make accessing services easier by bringing you the providers that you need, all with the experience and skills required. Our Speech Therapists and ABA therapists will ensure that your priorities are met and all compliance rules and regulations are assiduously followed.

Our 100-plus providers have worked with tens of thousands of clients! To find out more about our providers see our ABOUT US page.

In-home private Speech Therapy and Behaviour Therapy Services for children and adults are available in the following Southern Ontario locations: Toronto, Mississauga, Oshawa, Scarborough, Whitby, North York, Ajax, Oakville, Richmond Hill, Thornhill, Vaughan, Etobicoke, Brampton, Pickering, Woodbridge, Ottawa, and Maple.

We Come To You!

Whether it's in home, in-school or daycare, we travel and bring all materials for therapy. Customize your schedule and allow us to create your speech, language and behavioural goals.

  • We offer you the opportunity to focus your energies on parent training while we provide the direct services to your child in the comfort of your own home without the distractions of outside interference.

  • If you are desiring more family time, we can help you continue the work you love with a flexible in-home provider schedule.

  • Our skilled providers provide you the training, support you need to ensure speech and language goals are met.We offer customized clinical assessments, treatment and programs with consistent weekly therapy to ensure success and generalization.

What are the different therapists called? What do the acronyms all mean?

Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP)

A Speech-Language Pathologist is a graduate from a Master's program in Communication Disorders/Speech-Language Pathology. They are registered and licensed with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO).They can be the clinical supervisor of a CDA (Communicative Disorders Assistant)/Speech-Language Pathology Assistant (SLP-A), and can provide assessment and treatment for goals like speech and language, literacy, articulation, stuttering, swallowing, post-stroke, and many more areas. SLP's supervise CDAs either immediately following an assessment, or after 8-10 sessions.

Communicative Disorders Assistant (CDA) or Speech-Language Pathology Assistant (SLP-A)

A Communicative Disorders Assistant can be a graduate of a post-graduate certificate program in Communicative Disorders. An SLP-A can be a graduate from a Masters in Health Sciences - Communication Disorders, and can be working as an SLP-A while awaiting their registration with the College. This type of therapist must be supervised by a Registered Speech-Language Pathologist, and does not perform assessments or create treatment plans. They are qualified to run therapy sessions, create lesson plans, and report progress to the SLP. Sessions take place weekly for one clinical hour (45-50 direct minutes) per week.

Board-Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA)

A Board-Certified Behaviour Analyst is a graduate from a Master's program in Professional Education, or Applied Behavioural Analysis. They are licensed with the Behaviour Analyst Certification Board (BACB).They can be the clinical supervisor of an ABA/Behaviour Therapist and can provide in-person or virtual assessment and treatment for Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) goals like communication, behaviour reduction, daily living skills, academics, hygiene, toileting, and many more areas. BCBAs supervise ABA/Behaviour Therapists approximately once a month.

ABA/Behaviour Therapist (also known as Instructor Therapist)

An ABA/Behaviour/Instructor Therapist can be a graduate of a post-graduate certificate program in Autism and Behavioural Science. This type of therapist must be supervised by a licensed BCBA, and does not perform assessments or create treatment plans. They are qualified to run therapy sessions, create lesson plans, and report progress to the BCBA. The first time you meet your ABA Therapist, they will conduct a pairing session to get to know your child. It is a one hour session before the assesment so that the therapist can build rapport with the client, and get them comfortable with that therapist. This is critical in the ABA Therapy process. Without this pairing session, the client may not be attentive to the session/want to engage. Sessions take place 4-6 hours a week minimum, 2 hours per session.

Contact us at or by phone at: 416–967–7325 to discuss your needs, ask questions, and get connected to our current providers.

Speech and ABA Therapy home services is available in Toronto and the GTA including: Durham (Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa, Brooklyn, Courtice), Halton / Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Burlington, Stoney Creek, Milton), Hamilton, Kitchener, Waterloo, Guelph, and York Region (Markham, Vaughan, Maple, Woodbridge, King City, Richmond Hill, Newmarket, Aurora, Thornhill) and Ottawa!